UK Airshow Calendar - May 2013
- 4th - Shuttleworth Evening Air Display - Old Warden, Bedfordshire - The Evening Air Displays are pure magic. This is the first of the year. SG18 9EP
- 5th - Abingdon Air & Country Show - Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire - Always one of the first displays of the year, Abingdon attracts a variety of civilian, warbirds and military displays alongside a country fayre. OX13 6JG
- 9th - 70th Anniversary of the Battle of the Atlantic, Greenwich, London - Reception / Dinner at Greenwich to be held onboard RN warship and a Fleet Air Arm Fly Past.
- 19th - Shuttleworth Air Display and LAA Party in the Park - Old Warden, Bedfordshire - The second Shuttleworth Collection flying display joins forces with the Light Aircraft Association. SG18 9EP
- 22th-28th - 70th Anniversary of the Battle of the Atlantic - City of Liverpool, Merseyside - Royal Navy and international ship visits are planned in support of the City’s main commemoration day on Sunday 26 May, with a Service of Commemoration at Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, followed by a march through the City by serving Naval and Merchant Naval personnel as well as veterans and cadets, and a flypast by historic World War Two aircraft. (Nob: The 26th will also a Role Demonstration of current Royal Navy assets and the 28th will see a coordinated departure by the international ships)
- 26th - Spring Air Show - IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire -
The first Duxford Airshow of the year celebrates the 70th Anniversary of the United States Army Air Force arriving at Duxford. The show will look at the impact of the American Forces on the course of the Second World War in Europe and their cultural influence on the East Anglian community. Historic UK warbirds will take to the skies as we remember when the stars and stripes flew at Duxford.
- 26th - Cold War Jets Open Day - Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds, Leicestershire - This event will feature high speed taxy runs by all of the resident Cold War era aircraft including the Lightning, Comet, Victor and Nimrod. This is an evcent which is totally unique and cannot be experienced anywhere else in the World. For more information please call Richard Clarke on 0754 1133683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org LE17 5QS
- 31st-2nd June - Aero Expo 2013 - Sywell Aerodrome, Northamptonshire - General Aviation trade fair that includes several
flying displays from general aviation types right through to powerful aerobatics aircraft NN6 0BN
If you run an airshow that isn't listed or you simply spot a mistake, CLICK HERE Any airshow cancellations or changes of dates are listed below.
Flightline UK sources airshow dates from a variety of different sources. This can be from official information releases from organisers, official air display websites and from military/operator/owner websites etc. All information is believed to be correct at the time of publishing and is confirmed wherever possible. Flightline UK accepts no liability should an event be cancelled or curtailed in anyway. Readers of Flightline UK are recommended to use the calendar with caution and to check directly with organisers before making travel arrangements.