The D-Day Anniversary Air Show commemorates the 70th anniversary of this decisive military campaign, demonstrating the vital role that aerial warfare played in the invasion of Normandy.
The air show will feature fighter, bomber and transport aircraft types that would have been seen over the beaches of France. Confirmed participation to date includes Douglas Dakota, Douglas Skytrain x4, Supermarine Spitfire x 5, a Supermarine Seafire and Piper L-4 Cub x 4.
The Red Devils will perform a parachute drop from a Douglas Dakota as part of this commemorative flying display.
16 Air Assault Brigade will present thrilling ground content, showcasing the Parachute Regiment’s contemporary capabilities.
IWM Duxford will be open from 8am to 6pm. The flying display will start at approximately 2pm and finish at approximately 5.30pm, leaving plenty of time in the morning to explore the whole of the museum and our exhibition spaces. You can also enjoy great shopping experience at our trade stands and take part in activities across the site.
Flying participation by aircraft type and operator
- Douglas Dakota III and The Red Devils – The Red Devils supported by the Battle of Britain
Memorial Flight, RAF Coningsby
- Douglas C-47A Skytrain – Aces High
- Douglas C-47A Skytrain – Dakota Heritage
- Douglas C-47A Skytrain – National Warplane Museum, Geneseo, New York
- Douglas C-47A Skytrain – TBC
- Supermarine Spitfire IX –
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, RAF Coningsby
- Supermarine Spitfire IXT – Air Leasing
- Supermarine Spitfire IX – Old Flying Machine Company
- Supermarine Spitfire IXT – Aircraft Restoration Company / Historic Flying Ltd
- Supermarine Spitfire IX – Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar Ltd
- Supermarine Seafire XVII – Kennet Aviation
- Piper L-4 Cub – FrazerBlades
- Piper L-4 Cub – R Roberts
- Piper L-4 Cub – Charlie November Cub Group
- Piper L-4 Cub – Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar Ltd
- AgustaWestland WAH-64D Apache AH1 – 3 Regiment, Army Air Corps, Wattisham
- Hawker Hurricane – Historic Aircraft Collection
- Hispano Buchon (Messerschmitt Bf 109) – Aircraft Restoration Company / Historic Flying Ltd
- Fairey Swordfish –
Royal Navy Historic Flight, RNAS Yeovilton
- Grumman FM-2 Wildcat – The Fighter Collection
- North American P-51D Mustang Ferocious Frankie – Old Flying Machine Company
- North American TF-51D Mustang Miss Velma – The Fighter Collection
- Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress Sally B – B-17 Preservation
- Eurofighter Typhoon – 29(R) Squadron, RAF Coningsby
- Auster Autocrat – D & M Miller