21st-23rd July 2017, Seaburn, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Last updated: April 22, 2017 at 11:29 am
The Sunderland International Airshow is one of the largest seafront airshows in the UK and the only major airshow in the North East. The airshow sees modern military participation alongside a bevy of classic jets, warbirds and the very best civilian acts from the UK display circuit.
The event starts on the Friday evening with the Launch Party. This includes a small flying display in the evening alongside ground events such as live music and fireworks. The main shows days over the weekend include a full afternoon of flying on both days.
Images from 2015 Event
Essential Show Information
This Airshow is FREE!
Latest Aircraft Participation
Royal Air Force
- Red Arrows – BAE Systems Hawk T1 x 9 (F) (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 (F) 29 Sqn ( FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Grob Tutor T1 (F) 115(R) Sqn (SAT/SUN)
- RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team (F) (FRI/SAT/SUN)
- Royal Navy Historic Flight – Fairey Swordfish (F) (TBC) (SAT/SUN)
- Tigers Freefall Parachute Display Team (F) (TBC) (FRI/SAT/SUN) Princess of Wales Royal Regiment
Classic Jets and Cold War Era Types
- North American OV-10B Bronco (F) (TBC) (SAT/SUN)
- Gyro Air Displays – Rotorsport Calidus (F) (TBC) (SAT/SUN)
“AIRCRAFT” – New Addition, (F) – Flying Display, (S) – Static Display, (F/S) – Flying and Static Display, (FP) – Flypast Only, (V) – Visiting Aircraft, (SP) – Support Aircraft, “AIRCRAFT” & (TBC) – Participation To Be Confirmed by Organiser